Monday, January 23, 2006

Rules of Engagement

Thinking of posting a rude and/or patronising comment on Laurelin In The Rain? Here are some helpful tips to make your commenting experience the fun-packed adventure it should be!

1.
If I ever mean to say ‘all men do/think X’ or ‘all women do/think X’, then rest assured I will say it. I doubt I’ll ever need to, as there is very little likelihood that I will come across something that all men/ all women do/think. To make sure people are clear on who I’m talking about, I add words to show which group of men/ women I am referring to. To take an example completely out of thin air, if I write a post about men who use prostitutes, and then say ‘these men do/think X’, rest assured that that I am referring only to those men who use prostitutes, and I am not expressing some bizarre, irrational hatred of every male who walks on this planet.

Just to clarify, I will quote Biting Beaver in saying that ‘If you are NOT guilty of the things I post about then I'm NOT fucking talking to you.’.


2.
If you wish to disagree with me, there are polite and respectful ways to do it. I suggest 'Laurelin, I do not agree with you about X because of Reason Y'. Saying 'you are delusional/ wrong/ hate-filled/ stupid/ evil' just won't cut it. The best way to not get deleted is to address me respectfully and state what you disagree with and why you disagree. I may or may not respond, depending on what I feel is most appropriate. Some criticisms I leave unanswered for the other readers to mull over; some I reply to because I feel I have an immediate point to make. Simply said: be sweet or I'll delete.

3.
While I accept that people have the right to call themselves Anonymous, if you're here to argue you will make a much better impression if you put a name. I take full responsibility for what I say, and I expect the same from you.

4.
If you have come to tell me my blog sucks consider going and getting a life.

5.
I'm a control freak. I'm very protective of my blog space, just as I am with my physical and emotional space. So I am delete-happy if you piss me off. This is my blog, and I get to decide what stays here. Simple as.

6.
There are no bad names for feminists that I have not heard. So don't bother. Oh and I know I am obnoxious, opinionated, stubborn, self-righteous and sarcastic so don't bother pointing it out.

7.
Fan mail is always welcome. And I accept apologies.

Comments:

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

At , said...

<< Home